Sunday, June 21, 2015

Lindsey Stirling Concert

Lindsey Stirling Concert in Charlottesville

Ntelos Wireless Pavilion

Well, yesterday Vickie, Laura, Chad and I went to the Lindsey Stirling concert in Charlottesville and man what a great concert that was. The house place was rockin. Lindsey definitely puts on a good show. And she definitely has some great dance moves. She moves so gracefully. She must have taken Ballet. You can tell by the way she moves. 



Two bands headlined for her. First their was Olivia something, I can't remember her last name and than there was Echostreet which was pretty good. The lead singer for Echostreet was really good, the whole band was great but the lead singer wrote a song called "Cool Kids" and before she sang it she said she wrote the song for all those people who think they need to fit in with the cool kids. She said just be yourself and remember you don't have to fit in with the cool kids. It was a powerful message. And she brought two people from the audience on the stage to dance along with them while they sang. They were a pretty good band.

I just kept standing there listening to the bands waiting for Lindsey to come on the stage. I was excited and full of anticipation. I was anxious to see her perform and FINALLY she came and started playing her heart out on her violin. Man, she was amazing. First concert I've been to unless you count Mushroomhead that played at Mainstreet Bar & Grill which was many years ago. 

The concert was awesome but boy did my feet hurt afterwards. Do you realize I went without a cigarette for 3 hours haha. That's probably a good thing though. I am going to have to buy a Lindsey Stirling CD. I listen to her music on YouTube and Pandora. I am listening to it right now. Love her music, it is so soothing and relaxing. It will make you forget about all your troubles or cares in the world. It will make you drift off into a world of your own that is so peaceful and calming. 
If you haven't heard of Lindsey Stirling than I highly recommend you go listen to her on YouTube. My favorite song is "Crystalize" by her. Amazing song. Great beat really, you will love her music. I know its Violin music but it has an upbeat tone to it.

Laura got us tickets through her work, she works at Ntelos. Thanks Laura for getting tickets, you ROCK!!! I had an absolute blast at the concert. It was so much fun. I plan on going to more concerts. That was something I was missing out on. And Lindsey Stirling puts on a good show for sure. Laura and Chad had a good time. And Vickie is glad she went even though that's not her type of music but she said she liked Lindsey's music. That's a good thing. Lol.


To the left is Echostreet playing before Lindsey Stirling came out to perform. They are good band. Half of their songs I couldn't understand the words to and I had never heard of them before the concert. But go give them a like on Facebook. And check out their videos on YouTube.







To the right you see Lindsey Stirling playing her Violin. You may say to yourself that this isn't your type of music but let me tell you, when you listen to her music you will get into it for sure. I know I did however I like all types of different music though.











No comments: