Thursday, July 16, 2015

#savethenextkid

It only takes one person to make difference. YOU can be that someone. I want to make a difference in order's lives. If I can help one kid from committing suicide because of being bullied then I'll know I've made a difference.


I'm starting a new project, to help those being bullied. And to help the GLBT youth because I came out at 14 & was bullied for being gay. I want to help prevent suicide. Let's stand up and speak out. If you have ever been bullied than join me in the fight to help those who are being bullied or have been bullied.


Create a video or make a post on FB, Twitter or INSTAGRAM with your story or what you have to say about being bullied add the hashtag #savethenextkid


Supports kids who are being bullied:
•Listen & focus on the child
•Learn what's been going on & show you want to help
•Assure the child that bullying is NOT their fault
•Give advice about what to do. This may involve role-playing & thinking through how the child might react if the bullying occurs again.



Address Bullying Behavior:
•Young people who bully must learn their behavior is wrong & harms others
•Ahow kids that bullying is taken seriously.


When someone Cyberbullies you, don't respond & don't forward messages. Keep evidence, record the dates, times & descriptions of instances when Cyberbullying has occurred. Sven& print screenshots, emails, & text messages. 


Here are some resources I have collected so far:
•Know Bullying by SAMHSA App for iPhone
•National Suicide Prevention Lufelune 800.273.8255
•Child Abuse Emergency Hotline 800.552.3200
•National Donestic Violence Hotline 800.799.7233
•Virginia Family Violence 800.838.8238
•stop bullying.gov

If you are being bullied please contact me & I can help. Together, we can all stand up & fight against bullying. 
Aiden Bean
aidendbean@yahoo.com

No comments: