Sunday, October 5, 2008

a love that kills

I'm addicted to a drug
An addiction beyond my control
I've tried to cure my addiction
But I just can't let it go
The drug once said he loved me
His name…was heroin
I tried to quit him once before
And he's never been back again
In weakness there were a few times
Where I injected him deep inside me
I'd hoped he would have come back to his love
And together once more we'd be
Logically I know
He does not want to be with me
But when I'm high on his love
Logic I no longer see
So I tried to replace my addiction
By using other drugs
The other drug I'm hooked on now
Isn't the one I love
What about my other addiction
Do I quit him so
Is heroin my only love
Does my other drug love me so
I do not want to hurt him
Or make him think he's not what I need
But the truth of my addictions remains
I need my heroin, poppy seed
I am a heroin junky
An addict to the core
After my first heroin hit
I've always needed more
I am a user no doubt
I use to hide the pain
But the worst pain I ever felt
Was losing my heroin
Inject me with your love
Keep me safe and sane
Run yourself through my body
Take away my pain
Coming down away from him
Makes my mind combust
I'd give my heart and my soul
For one more needle thrust
I have lost all that matters
My virginity, sanity, and love
I want to overdose on him
Because I lost my heroin drug

No comments: