Monday, October 25, 2010

Self Assessment

Aptitudes

My current best aptitudes (abilities) are:
Computers, leading others, internet, technology

My weakest aptitudes are:
Handling children, cleaning

The easiest things for me to learn are:
computers, anything about technology, cash registers

 

Interests

My highest areas are:
Computers, being in charge of things, Internet

My lowest areas are:
Children, cleaning, reading

The vocational interest I want to pursue now is:
Criminal Justice or Web Design or anything with computers

 

Values

My highest values are toward:
loyalty, honesty, respect, integrity, selfless service

My lowest values are toward:
materialism

My set of values suits me well for these jobs (types of jobs):
Cashier, Customer Service, Retail, Business

 

Attitudes

I basically feel ________________ about myself. This should affect my work in the following way(s):
I feel proud of myself and my accomplishments. It should help me in my work more because what I have accomplished has made me a better person.

I feel best about:

I feel worst about:

My feelings toward other people are:
I am fine with other people as long as they aren’t mean to me or diss me because I am gay.

This should affect my work in the following way(s):
None of this should affect my work in a bad way. I am prepared to handle anyone in any situation.

My feelings about having a job are:
I want a job that I can be happy with. One I can work at for a long time.

My feelings about supervisors are:
I try to do my best so my supervisors recognize my accomplishments. I have no problems with supervisors.

 

Expectations

I tend to see (myself, other things) as being in control of what happens to me. The good thing about this is:
I am able to control what happens around me most of the time.

But the bad thing is:
I realize I can’t control everything around me and this bothers me.

My current job goal seems realistic because:
I have set a goal for a job that I will love doing and that I will work at for a long time.

 

Appearance

I want a job where I dress:
Business casual or in khakis

My appearance causes other people to see me as:
Not very professional sometimes. I like to wear jeans a lot.

To improve the way I look, I need to:
Buy more khakis and more business casual attire.

 

Health

The only health problem(s) I have is (are):
I don’t have any health problems except for being aenemic.

These will affect my work:
My health problem will not affect my work as long as I take my iron supplements.

Before going to work I need to do _______________ about my health:
Need to do nothing except make sure I take my pills.

The things about my job that might negatively affect my health are:
Stress

 

Mobility

The way I plan to get job interviews and to work is:
Is by driving my truck

My backup plan is:
If my truck breaks down I can use my wife’s truck

Getting someplace consistently and on time is:
Not a problem for me at all. I like to be super early for things.

When I get a job, I will need help in:
I probably won’t need help at all except for being trained.

 

Interpersonal Skills

I have ______ friends and find that I make friends _______:
many and make friends easily

The major problem I have getting along with other people on the job is:
I don’t have a problem getting along with people

On the job, I like to work:
It doesn’t matter, alone, with others. I can do either.

I do (not) like being responsible for other people because:
I don’t mind being responsible for others

I like interacting with people best when:
I am at work because that is when I get to interact with others outside of my home. And I am a people person.

 

Work History

The jobs I have performed most successfully in the past were:
Alcoa Home Exteriors and Kangaroo Express

The longest I’ve held a job is:
About 3 years

On the job I have a reputation as:
Being a good employee and working hard.

Based on my experience, other jobs I could do are:
Retail, Cashiering, Customer Service, Administrative Assistant, Secretary

When an employer sees my work history, he/she will probably think:
Why I had so many different jobs and why I never stuck with them.

 

Functional Skills

When working, the major problems I have away from the job are:
Staying focused, staying with the task at hand

I could really use some help in:
Staying focused but I know as long as I take my medicine staying focused shouldn’t be too much of a problem.

No comments: