Friday, August 21, 2009

Hiring For An Office Assistant?

Okay so I've been looking for jobs recently because me waiting to see if I will get SSI & disability is taking forever so I figure why not get a real job. Okay so I go online to Craigslist because that is how I like to look for jobs, online that is. It beats picking up a paper and finding a job because lately with the way the economy is there are little job listing in the newspaper. So I'm on Craigslist earlier and click on an ad that is titled "Office Assistant". Check out the ad below.

So I read the ad and I'm thinking hey this is something I can do. I'm qualified for this position so I send an e-mail with no body in the e-mail just my resume. I checked my e-mail a little bit ago to find that I've gotten a response from the ad. Well, here is what the response was.

WHAT? Wait, I thought this position was for an Office Assistant? Hummm. Seems like this is false advertisement. WTF. I have been scammed. Damn, why did I waste my time? I don't know. I should have known that most people who post ads on Craigslist are really posting false advertisements on there. Okay so instead of deleting the e-mail I decide to write back. I try to be nice & polite when doing so. Here is my response back to her after finding out that the position wasn't for an Office Assistant.


Okay so my advice to everyone out there is those ads you may see under the jobs section of Craigslist may not be what they appear. I apparently have learned that fact. Of course this isn't the first time I have realized that fact but of course I continue to reply to those ads in hopes that the ad is for a REAL job. Oh well, hell, you live & you learn & than move on.

Okay I am really going to go to bed now. Starting to get tired. This is about the time I normally go to sleep anyway. Good night all I hope you have sweet dreams.

No comments: