Friday, August 21, 2009

Summer of 2009

Hello everyone. Well, summer is coming to a closing and it will start getting cold soon. I hate the cold. That is one thing I can't stand, is being cold. This summer has been a hot one. But I love the warm weather. There is nothing like sitting on the deck listening to the birds chirp & watching the squirrels run in the trees. Summer to me is a very peaceful time when you can relax & enjoy life. I'm sad to see it will be ending soon. As you all might know I am a photographer & this summer I've been able to take TONS of pictures of different places I've been, animals and many more things. This summer has been fun but at the same time I've been going through a bit of a depression also so at times I am down. For anyone that doesn't know, I graduated from Woodrow Wilson Rehabilitation Center this past March 2009 with a degree in Web Design & I have yet to find a job in Web Design. Sometimes I think maybe I am not qualified enough for the job which is the reason I was going to go back to school because if you work in the computer field you know that anything with computers changes every day and it's a career where you have to keep learning. You can't just take the knowledge you have and apply it, you have to keep on learning. So I'm thinking that I am going to go back to school sometime this coming year because I want further my education even more. I'm trying to better myself which is one of my New Years Resolutions.

This summer has been a good one and it has had its downfalls also. One good thing that happened this summer was we had a new addition to our family. My sister had a beautiful baby girl named Kaylee Grace Sluss. She was 7 pounds 12 ounces and 21 inches long. She is so adorable. I would show you a photo of her but if my sister saw this she would kill me. LoL. Kaylee was born on July 4th, 2009. What a great day to have a birthday. Let's see what else has happened. Hummm. I've had several job interviews and even gotten jobs but as you can see none of them worked out obviously because I am jobless right now other than having the job at Krisp Web Solutions which is paid based on commission. So basically right now I am making no money except for a few cents here and there.

One thing I have hated about the summer is the fact that I've gotten eaten up by mosquitoes. I swear they love biting my legs. I hate it. I probably should have worn bug spray or something this summer. That would have made them bite me less I'm sure. I want to share some pictures with you from the summer. Actually I will do a little slide show for you. Hope you enjoy.

"I'M WORKING ON THE SLIDE SHOWS SO WHEN I'M DONE WITH THEM I WILL FINISH THIS BLOG"

No comments: