Friday, August 21, 2009

Rantings of an insomniac

Well I've decided to turn over a new leaf. Life is an adventure even though there are many obstacles in the way at times. I've been going through a bit of a depression in the past couple months and I'm trying to be happier and think positive even though I've lived my whole life in negativity. When I was younger I received a lot of positivity from my mother but not so much from my father. That's just how I lived my life. But I'm trying to change all that. I just graduated from Woodrow Wilson Rehabilitation Center this past March 2009 with a degree in Web Design. I have yet to get a job in Web Design. I currently am working for Krisp Web Solutions which is based in Harrisonburg, VA but my job isn't doing web sites. My job is to call people or talk to people in person and get them as a customer for our company. When I call people I feel like a telemarketer and I think the people on the other end of the phone think I am a telemarketer also. That's not a very appealing part of the job. I was excited when I thought I got my first customer but to my dismay the guy didn't become a customer. In fact the guy told me to e-mail him information about our company and he never e-mailed me back. It's a job but not exactly. The job is paid based on commission and so far I'm not making any money at all. I think it's time for a REAL job. Even though this job seems real. I haven't been working as much with the job as I should be because I kind of got disappointed at the fact that I wasn't getting any customers but I'm not going to get customers if I don't try. I was calling restaurants and my boss suggested I try churches next so I'm going to go with that. I'll keep you updated on how that goes.

Here lately my depression has gotten a little worse and I've just been sitting at home on the internet. I've started trying those work at home things you seen online and tried out some of the web sites that claim to help you make money online. So far it's not going as good as I thought it would. Let's see, the only sites I have made any money on at all are YouData, which is a site where you have what they call a MeFile and in your MeFile you fill it out with your interests and so forth and so on. I've made $.92 cents off of that. YouData deposited the $.92 cents into my PayPal account. Another site I have made money from is Adf.ly, which is a site where you can shorten a URL/link. When you shorten the URL/link you can post the link into your blog, your Twitter, or any other site you choose. When you post the link and someone clicks on it, you get money for them clicking on the site. I can't remember exactly how much you get per click but I've made money from that site. So far I've made only $.17 cents from that site. Of course I haven't checked in a couple hours so that is how much I have made so far according to a couple hours ago. Let's check now to see what my current amount of money made is shall we. Wow. The amount of money I have made total on Adf.ly is now at $.20 cents. To make money on that site I have learned you have to post links for sites that will grab someone's attention. For instance the links that have had the most attention on my account are: My Personal Web Site; the video "I Am No Different Than You Are. GLBT ( Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender)" from OMFGitsJUSTIN which is a great video about people who are bi-sexual and basically Justin let's all the viewers on YouTube know that just because he is bi-sexual that he is no different than anyone else, straight or not. You will have to check out his YouTube channel. He is very funny, he will entertain you for sure. And the third link that gets a lot of clicks on my Adf.ly account is a YouTube video about Homophobia. It was an experiment on Homophobia. So this is a video on homophobia on YouTube. Check it out. BTW, if you click on any of the links and they look like they are SPAM I assure they are not. That's just part of Adf.ly. All you got to do is click at the top right corner where it says skip ad. Than it will take you to the site I am trying to show you. So those are the three links that get me the most clicks. Let's see what the stats are on those. In first place we have the video from OMFGitsJUSTIN with 81 clicks. In second place we have my personal web site with 54 clicks and in third place we have the video on the experiment on homophobia with 43 clicks. Check out Adf.ly if you would like to make money. I have tried other sites like PeopleString but I'm not having much success trying to get people to sign up on that. What PeopleString is basically is its like a social network site in a way. You get your friends to join PeopleString and you can make money when your friends sign up. You can even make money with PeopleString by reading e-mails. The reading e-mails part I haven't done yet because when you sign up with PeopleString they send you some kind of postcard and you have to wait for it to come in the mail before you can start getting money to read your e-mail. It's been 2 weeks and I have yet to receive the postcard but I do assure you that it does come in the mail because my friend Scott is the one that told me about it and he said he has received his postcard.

Well, it's off to bed for me. I'm getting tired. So goodnight and sweet dreams to all. Also a big shout out to my wife Deborah. I love you!

P.S. - My next blog will be about making money online & different web sites you can use to do so.

No comments: