Monday, September 30, 2013

30 Sept 2013

I've decided or took a pledge to write a page everyday in October. Who knows maybe it will become a habit. I used to write everyday when I was a kid. But that was before I became an adult & had responsibilities & had way more time on my hands.
So today was a productive day at work. I got a lot accomplished because I took my medicine. When I don't take my medicine I can't focus & don't get a lot accomplished. Tomorrow starts the first day of raising money for Breast Cancer Awareness at work. Even though I've already started collecting money. Tomorrow Stefany is working a midshift & April needs the parking lot powerwashed so she gave me the option of being on register or powerwashing. Normally I would jump at the opportunity to be outside & listen to my music but the competitive side in me says to be on register. So I decided to be on register tomorrow so I can be the first to get donations from customers. Cheryl & I have already started our own cup with donations in it. I don't know how much she has but I have $8 & some change.
Jen worked 3rd shift last night & must have went to her grandparents this morning to use the internet because she texted me telling me the good news. She must have gotten the email she's been waiting for, she got accepted into Liberty University. I'm proud of her, at least she's trying to better her life. She had previously went to Westwood College to study Criminal Justice but I guess that didn't work out because I believe she dropped out. I can understand because I was taking Web Design to get my Bachelor's Degree at the Art Institute Of Pittsburgh & with life being so crazy I ended up dropping out. I'm thinking about going back to school & just transferring my loan, I think that's what Jen is going to do. I'm not sure exactly what I'll study or if I'll go back into Web Design. I was thinking maybe Writing or Business Management. I got accepted into an Art School when I was younger but I was in high school & my parents wanted me to finish that so I never did end up going to Art School. That kinda killed it for me right there, I haven't drawn since really. I don't blame my parents for wanting me to finish high school but that kinda killed my dream of that. I'm glad I did finish school because these days a lot of people don't have high school diplomas. You'd be surprised how many people are getting their GED's these days. I think that's just an easy way out though but at the same time its not so easy from what I hear. I don't think I'd be able to pass the test. I have ADHD & I've never been good at tests at all. History now though was one of my best subjects in school. My dad is a huge history buff with a love for Confederate History & the Civil War. Whenever that came up I always knew the answers. Dad used to take me & my sister to all the Civil War Battlefields. At the time it probably didn't seem like fun but it was & I had a good time learning about it & it always helped me in History Classes because I knew all about it. I mean how many kids can say they have been to every Civil War Battlefield? I bet not many, besides I've never been one for large crowds really. So not getting to go to Kings Dominion wouldn't have bothered me. However as a kid we did go to Kings Dominion but I prefered Bush Gardens because there was more history to learn there. We went to Bush Gardens a lot as a kid & I lived every moment of it. My favorite part of Bush Gardens is the Germany part. My dad was born in Ulm, Germany so its fascinating learning more about it.
My quest to learn more about Germany comes from my Dad. My Dad was born in Ulm, Germany to Georg & Margarete Kirchner in 1948. I believe it was a couple years after he was born that he was adopted, I think he was 2. When he was adopted he hadn't started speaking yet so he never learned German. He was adopted by Allen & Irene Bean in Ulm, Germany. My Grandpa Bean was in the Army & stationed over there.

No comments: