Sunday, May 1, 2016

If I Won The Lottery - 30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 5

30 DAY BLOG CHALLENGE - DAY 5

IF I WON THE LOTTERY

What would YOU do if you won the lottery? Well, me personally I would buy my fiance Vickie and I a house with a lot of land and no neighbors and put a fence around my property so Bo and Cinder had room to run around. I would also buy myself a brand new vehicle since I have never owned a brand new off the car lot vehicle OR I would by myself a VW Bus like I have always wanted, however I can't drive a stick but buying one of those would force me to learn how to drive a stick shift lol. If I won the lottery, I would also fix up my mom and dad's house, actually I would probably tear their house down and just build a new one for them on the property. I would also pay off my parents bills as well as mine so we are then debt free and have no past bills to worry about. I would also, since I would be in the giving mood and want to help my family would give my sister and her husband some of the money to do whatever they wanted with it, and I would set up a college fund for my Niece Kaylee and a college fund for Vickie's niece Zariah and also set up a college fund for Vickie's other niece Ella. I think its important a child once of age goes to college. I didn't go to college right after I graduated and I regret it however I did later go to college down the road. I ended up also joining the Army. 

If I won the lottery I wouldn't be all selfish about it. HOWEVER, you know when someone or anyone really, finds out when you win the lottery all of a sudden you have relatives and friends you didn't know about. That's how it always happens. If I won the lottery I would donate some money to the Warm Homeless Shelter in Waynesboro because what they do is help a lot of homeless people and what they do is great.

If I won the lottery I would open a homeless shelter for GLBT Youth. That may sound strange BUT you would be probably, VERY surprised at how many Gay Lesbian Bisexual and Transgender youth become homeless, when they are a kid still, yes a kid, hence homeless youth. Its sad because they come out of the closet so to speak, tell their family about it and a lot of times, not all times but a lot of the time the parents disown their child and kick them out of the house. Its sad and I got lucky to have such great parents that didn't do that to me but a lot of GLBT Youth are not that lucky. So I would build a homeless shelter just for those youth. The shelter would have rooms, private rooms for each person staying there equipped with their own private bathroom. The rooms wouldn't be extremely big but they would be big enough for a bed, a dresser, a desk, a closet and a bathroom. Yeah, can you tell I have already thought this out. Yep! This has crossed my mind so many times. Trying to open one well, I don't even know where to start, wouldn't even know where to begin. BUT, this is one of my dreams though. I have to look into it for sure. I would hire people to work at the shelter and to run the shelter in which case that would bring more jobs to the area. In the shelter there would be a game room because most kids love playing video games and their would be a library in the shelter equipped with books that they can read and there would be a study room so they could do their homework in which would have tables and laptops or desktop computers for them to use to do their homework installed with the latest programs such as Microsoft Office that they need for school. So there would be a game room, a library, a study room, oh and there would also be a gym at the shelter so they could work out and keep in shape. There would be a fully stocked kitchen in which they could cook for themselves if they wanted to and if not there would be a lunch room which would be staffed to make the kids food for them sort of like a cafeteria but smaller. So what do we have; a game room, a library, a study room, a gym, a cafeteria, a kitchen, the homeless shelter would also be on property with land so the kids in the shelter could play outside if they wanted. And outside would have a basketball court, an area to play soccer with soccer goals on each side. I would buy a LOT of land of course to make my dream come true. Am I missing anything? I would also hire mentors for the youth which would help them study and help keep them motivated to do better and would hire tutors to help the youth with their school work if they needed it. Also I almost forgot, there would be a medicine room with a nurse that would hand out the kids medicines if they needed to be on medication. Oh also each kids room would be equipped with their own TV mounted to the wall. So yeah if I won the lottery that is one thing I would do because I forgot to mention above but I am a Volunteer at the WARM HOMELESS SHELTER and 2 years ago I started a cause called BACKPACKS FOR THE HOMELESS, that is a cause I started which I would buy stuff and pack backpacks with essential items for homeless people and hand them out at the WARM SHELTER and the homeless shelter in Staunton, THE MISSION. I would buy toothbrushes, toothpaste etc and I would pack a women's backpack and a guy's backpack. So as you can see now I have a love for helping homeless people. 

I don't know what else I would do if I won the lottery, I would probably, well I would definitely put a chunk of it in a savings account and let it draw interest and not touch it. Back to I would buy Vickie and I a house on property. It would be a log cabin with a basement, the main floor and an upstairs and an attic. I would have a garden in the back and I would have a place to ride 4 Wheelers and of course I would buy Vickie and I a 4 Wheeler to ride. 

No comments: