Thursday, May 5, 2016

Thinking Like A Manager

THINKING LIKE A MANAGER

I AM A MANAGER & NOW I THINK LIKE ONE


Okay I am a Manager now, have been since November 2015, before that I was Assistant Manager (still a Management Position but just not with as much responsibility as a Manager). Since I have become Manager I have started thinking like a Manager. I realized this once I was put in charge of receiving job applications and having to weed through them. You know whenever I was searching for a job I would find one that I wanted to do and I would read the description and think Damn I don't have experience I wish they would just give me a chance to get experience.

Now that I am looking through job applications submitted to my store and to Exxon I have to think like a Manager and so I have begun to do so. If you think about it the reason Hiring Managers ask for experienced people is because they don't want to have to train a new employee. They want someone who has experience so it takes less time they have to train that new employee. I too want someone that has at least 2 years of experience in the retail/customer service field because it will take less time to train them. If you think about it, training takes time and money.

No comments: