Friday, January 9, 2015

Having A Good Day Today

Today has been a pretty good day. I worked with my boss April, she's pretty awesome and makes me laugh. I had to get up at 5:30a but I didn't mind too much. It was cold this morning when I woke up but I am sure it could have been a lot colder so I won't complain. Lol. However, I didn't want to get out of bed because it was soooo warm under my blankets cuddled up next to my two furbabies Cinder and Rocky. At work it started off as a slow day but then it eventually picked up and got busier thankfully. I like to stay busy because it makes time go by faster. Which I love because when my work time goes by fast that is closer to the time I get to come home to Rocky and Cinder. So today I have been feeling a little philosophical I guess you could say as well as creative. I have written several pretty good Facebook posts as well uploaded some good podcasts on my Spreaker account. If you have never heard of Spreaker it is an app for the iPhone which I love. You can create an account and start creating your own podcasts and you can follow other people's podcasts. Pretty cool eh'. Check out this awesome Facebook Cover Photo I created.
Pretty cool eh' So if you would like to listen to my Podcasts you can do so by clicking on this link I have put up new posts on my Avon Blog if any Avon Reps want to check them out. Lots of useful information that you can use in your Avon business as well as if you are a Network Marketer. Here is the link My friend Stacy and I have been collecting backpacks for the homeless. So far we have given one backpack to a homeless Veteran that used to come in my store whom I haven't seen in a few weeks. He seemed to be a good guy. Very grateful for the backpack that we gaev him. Well, Stacy and I have also created an event on Facebook for Backpacks For The Homeless. Here is the link to it if you would like to join the event Last night I was so cold but thankfully I had Cinder and Rocky on each side of me to keep me warm. I had two blankets on us but woke up at 2am and had to put a third blanket on the bed. A friend of mine asked me earlier if I drink, I told her only in October because that is when I celebrate Oktoberfest of course because well I am German and I like to celebrate my German Heritage. My point is it made me think about being German and drinking. Ha so it made me think of a time in my past and so I wrote this status on Facebook. Saying "I am German I can drink you under the table" got me in trouble many years ago when I was living in Radford. Yeah I drunk everyone under the table that night but I also ended up getting alcohol poisoning and boy did I feel like shit the next day. Man I had a hangover from hell. That was in my early twenties, I am in my thirties now and I sooo cannot do that again. One of my Facebook friends posted earlier about how she hates her life and she is done. BLAH! People these days are so ungrateful and don't appreciate what they have. I see a lot of people complaining about their life and YES, I am guilty of this sometimes too. I have too many flaws to be perfect. But I have too many blessings to be ungrateful. Remember, the things you take for granted someone else is praying for. You think your life is so bad, others have it much worse. Be grateful you have a roof over your head. Be grateful you have food to eat. Be grateful you have loved ones near. Some people are homeless, some people go hungry, some people are alone and have no family. Learn to appreciate what you do have and stop focusing on what you don't have. Stop complaining about your life and be grateful for it and you will see how much happier you will become. Point is, STOP COMPLAINING, BE GRATEFUL!!!! Man I'm cold. I need to stop forgetting to take my iron pills. The babies are nice and warm cuddled together. Yeah so I forgot to take my iron pill this morning. Sad because I have a reminder on my phone to remind me. I downloaded this app called Mango Health and you put in all your medicines and what time you are supposed to take them and then then it reminds you to take them. I mostly ignore the reminder for my iron pill because I am not close to where my pills are or I am too lazy to take the moment to walk over to the cabinet to take my pill. I really should start working on this though. I believe that the best things in life are free. I believe that you should treat people kindly until they treat you like shit. I believe that married men should keep their junk in their pants and married women should not be generous with their goodies. I believe that if you don't mean what you say, you should shut the fuck up, and I believe that if more people thought this way, the world would be a better place. Just a little food for thought I guess you could say. This is the advice that I gave my Avon team today. Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will. Always trust yourself, you know more than you think. So have confidence in yourself! Instruction does much, but encouragement everything. I am here to encourage you and lift you up. Because that is what a good team leader does. And remember, twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor, catch the tradewinds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover I also gave them this piece of advice, because well, some of my team members needed a little boost and inspiration and encouragement. Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. Each day is a new life. Seize it! Live it! Risk more than others think is safe. Care more than others think is wise. Dream more than others think is practical. Expect more than others think is possible. And remember, never let the odds keep you from doing what you know in your heart you were meant to do. On the phone with Mom now and its 9:36pm and it is time for bed. Rocky and Cinder are laying on their blankets on the kitchen floor in front of the stove. I had the stove door open and turned on to get some heat in the kitchen. They are laying in front of it because it is warm. It is cold in my house. I mean the thermostat is turned on 60 but I am still cold. I am cold natured anyway. I have to work tomorrow which means I have to go to bed because I have to get up at 5:30 am. And 5:30a comes very early in the morning. Like I said earlier I am not complaining however I would rather be off from work tomorrow so I can stay home all day with my babies. I miss them when I am at work :( Everyone have a wonderful night, until tomorrow see ya later. Gute Nacht! That means Good Night in German.

No comments: