Monday, February 22, 2010

Delmarva Redneck Vocabulary

HEIDI -- noun. Greeting.

HIRE YEW - Complete sentence. Remainder of greeting.
Usage: "Heidi. Hire yew."

RETARD - Verb. To stop working.
Usage: "My granpaw retard at age 65." .

LOT - adjective. Luminescent.
Usage: "I dream of Jeanie in the lot-brown hair."

MAULK - verb. To copy, to make fun of.
Usage: "Don't cha maulk me boy!"

FARN - adjective. Not local.
Usage: "I cudnt unnerstand a wurd he sed ... must be from some farn country."

DID - adjective. Not alive.
Usage: "He's did, Barney."

HEAVY DEW - phrase. A request for action.
Usage: "Kin I heavy dew me a favor?"

IGNERT - adjective. Not smart.
Usage: "Them dare boys sure are ignert!"

TAR - noun. A rubber wheel.
Usage: "Gee, I hope I don't git a flat tar in my pickup truck."

HEAVY DEW - phrase. A request for action.
Usage: "Kin I heavy dew me a favor?"

WARSH - verb. To clean.

RANCH- noun. A tool.
Usage: "I think I left my ranch under the hood of that pickup truck.

CHEER - (adverb) In this place.
Usage: Just set it rat cheer.

LEARNT - (verb) Taught.
Usage: I learnt you better than that.

SEED - (verb) - past tense of "to see".
Usage: "Billy Bob seed Bubba at da fill'n station yester'd."

No comments: