Sunday, February 28, 2010

Poetry: Addiction

by: Angela Bean

heroin_needle_and_candle

Heroin Addict

It's a dark world without your light
Without your darkness, too
My darkness is bigger
and the lights getting dimmer
Hope your darkness
isn't too dark for you
A heart that's been heavy,
overloaded with regrets
and promises not kept
My good intentions lead to nowhere
I burn what I crave
My desperate soul searches endlessly
for the answer
What is the meaning of life?
My love, my burning passion,
the eloquence you've etched in my heart
Ever there but fainter than before, slipping sadly,
beyond the denial of my own shortcomings
The darkness shadows my soul,
The light at the end of the tunnel
seems farther away than I'd planned
I wish you love always, You're an angel led astray
And I know you will reach up to hold Gods hand
In the end

No comments: