Monday, February 22, 2010

Mysterious Cat

There was a mysterious cat outside the cat door last night. I think this mysterious cat wants inside the house. I went outside the first time Midnite was hissing and I saw the cat run into the woods behind our house but I only saw its shadow. I went outside and stood again but I didn't see it again. Weird. There are lots of cats in the neighborhood apparently. None have come up to us and let us pet them though. The neighborhood cats seem friendly. Scrappy is a much happier cat now that he gets to go outside. We were kind of sketchy about letting Scrappy outside since he is such a hyper cat. We used to take him camping with us last summer but he was a kitten at the time and he never left our side. He always stayed very close to us, never far away. He was good at camping with us. Since last summer, Scrappy has gotten neutered and he is still hyper and still edgy around people he don't know but he seems to be doing fine outside. He doesn't go into the road which is good. Scrappy mostly stays in the yard. He loves his new found freedom and I'm glad we were able to let him outside because he seems happier. In fact, in the evening he is outside most of the time. The doggy door is in the back door and so he goes out on the deck we have and he loves it. Midnite goes outside with Scrappy too. I don't think Munchkin has gotten the concept of the doggy door yet because when Munckin wants outside he stands at the front door and we let him out. He will eventually learn I'm sure. I love my animals.

No comments: