Sunday, February 28, 2010

Is it healthy to find school friends on Myspace or Facebook after a peaceful 15 years without them?

by: Angela Bean

There was a debate on Helium.com about whether it is healthy to find school friends on Myspace or Facebook after a peaceful 15 years without them. Well, it hasn’t been 15 years for me yet since I’ve been in high school. If it had been 15 years it would be 2015 but it’s not yet. I graduated in 2000 and I don’t think it is unhealthy. I think it is perfectly normal. Well, here is my response to the debate on Helium.com

I don't think it is unhealthy to find school friends on Myspace or Facebook after a peaceful 15 years without them. Facebook and Myspace are great ways to find lost friends or family. Facebook and Myspace can help you regain those old connections. It seems to me perfectly healthy to find school friends on Myspace and Facebook after a peaceful 15 years without them.

There were some people that I went to school with that I didn't talk to because they were in a different group or clique, etc. I have found that people change with time. Myspace is great if you want to have a profile with pictures and games and quizzes, and to basically show off your stuff. I have found that Facebook is a great way to connect to old friends, ex girlfriends, and school friends. In the past couple months, I have found old friends and other people that I went to school with, and I've talked to some of the people from my school that I didn't talk to much while I was in school. It is perfectly healthy to find school friends on Myspace and Facebook after a peaceful 15 years without them.

Facebook and Myspace give us a way to reconnect with old friends that we might not have talked to since we were in high school. It's great to reconnect with people from your past, at least most of the time. It is depending on the situation, I suppose. It's nice to be able to hear what your old friends from school are doing with their life now. And Facebook and Myspace enable you to be able to see what your old friends from school are doing now, pictures of their family and kids. It's a great way to stay in touch with your old friends from school. I don't see why anyone wouldn't think it is healthy to find school friends on Facebook and Myspace. I'm sure some people might have had bad experiences in school or what have you and those are the people who might think its not healthy to find old school friends on Myspace and Facebook. Facebook and Myspace offer so much nowadays, and it's a great to reconnect with your old friends and bring you together again with them. It's kind of cool to see what your old friends are like now and what they did with their life and how they are now.

No comments: