Saturday, October 26, 2013

DWP: Favorite Holidays

Daily Writing Prompt: Favorite Holidays

I have a couple favorite holidays and my birthday is considered a holiday to me. So my birthday is one of my favorite holidays. Growing up when I was a kid I never celebrated my birthday because my mom is a jehovah witness and they dont celebrate birthdays. I don't know why they don't but they just do not. Your birthday is a celebration of your life and that's something to celebrate. So I don't see why they wouldn't celebrate it. So I never celebrated my birthday until I was 21. At that time I was living in an apartment in Waynesboro and was working at Alcoa. Jennifer Wimer gave me a kitten for my birthday that year and I named him Harry Potter because well Harry Potter was popular then and had just come out and I was obsessed with Harry Potter. Harry was an adorable kitten and I loved him dearly. My birthday cake had Harry Potter on it. He was flying on a broom and smoking a joint and the cake said Harry Potsmoker. Lol it was the thing at the time of my life that I did. Jennifer Wimer came over to celebrate with me that year and we had fun. I have celebrated my birthday every year ever since then. This year for my birthday we went to Bush Gardens because thats where I wanted to go because they have the Germany part of Bush Gardens and Oktoberfest. I had a lot of fun but it would have been better if it had been just Jen and I and it wasn't. But I did have fun and next year I plan on having an even better birthday then this year. I'm not sure what my plans are for next year but we will see as the time comes near.
My next favorite holiday is Christmas because that is a time of the year that is happy and joyful and you get to spend time with tour family and loved ones. Its such a joyous time of the year. After I atteneded WWRC I always celebrated Christmas at my house and I always invited Bear, Scoop and Eric and cooked food and we all sat around talking and eating and just having a good time. Since Jen and I have been together we celebrate Christmas wirh her family. Christmas 2011 was the last Christmas I got to spend with Grandma Collins and I am glad I got to spend it with her because she died a couple days before my birthday in April 2012. Every year Jen and I go to her grandparents to eat Christmas breakfast and then we all open up presents and take pictures. Its a nice happy time and its nice to be surrounded by family. My parents because they are Jehovahs Witnesses do not celebrate Christmas. I believe Jehovahs Witnesses don't celebrate Christmas because it has to do with Christ. I learned why growing up but I don't remember. Every Christmas I play Christmas music and make my house smell good with Christmas scents. This year I think I will cook up something for Christmas since I like to cook. Those are my favorite holidays and my favorite season of the year is Summer because its nice and warm and hot. I don't like being cold at all. So I love Summer because its warm outside and you can do so much more  lin the Summer. I don't swim but Jen and I and her grandmother always go to Sherando Lake every summer and they swim. I did get in the water this year though. We saw a little baby turtle this year at Sherando Lake. It was so cute and adorable and so small. I also love Summer because that's the best time to go on vacation. Jen and I go to Tennessee a lot. My parents own property down there so Jen and I go and check on the property. Hopefully this year we get to go to Tennessee because we want to go to Dollywood next year. This year we didn't get to go on vacation so we just stayed home plus Jen didn't get vacation time cos she had just started. So this year we want to go to Dollywood. I was thinking of staying in a cabin. They have a package deal on the cabin with Dollywood tickets so thats what we are probably gonna do.

No comments: