Monday, October 28, 2013

My Day & Thoughts

Stayed busy today at work. Chopped onions and the tears flowed and they made my nose run, they were strong. Someone said to put a piece of bread in my mouth while I cut them and it will fix that. Jen is at work wish she was at home. The weather is nice and I am not even wearing my coat that tells ya iys warm outside. I do have a thermal on however. I raised $5 or $6 for Breast Cancer on my shift and $2 on Cheryl's shift. So I raised about $8. Cheryl did good last night she raised over $20 and Tabitha and I raised over $15. We have reached $1300 and our goal this year was $700. Last year the goal was $60 and of course we met our goal. In November we will be doing Operation Christmas Child where we raise money and buy stuff to pack shoeboxes for children in other countries. I put my address on one box last year hoping the kid who got it would write me back but I never did hear anything back. I hope the kids have bright amiles and a great Christmas when they receieve their shoeboxes. Its all about brightening the day of a child and them having a good Christmas.

So I was looking out in my yard and realizing how many leaves I have to rake and oh man there is a lot. It seems like it will take forever especially cos I will be doing it by myaelf. And I have to pick up the limbs and put them in the trash can and I still have to mow the grass at least one more time before the cold weather hits. Ugh I am not looking forward to mowing. Oh well it must be done.

Wish Jen was home but she's not but she has to work and I understand. I just wish she worked a different shift. Oh well. So I am off Friday and I get two my pay check and my VA Check so I will be off paying bills plus I have an appointment at the VA Clinic that day so my day will be full. Then on the 6th I have to go Salem VA Hospital for an appointment. So that takes care of my two days off. Friday I am going to have to see if Mom wants to go look for her jobs for the next week because going to Salem will probably fill my day up. Guess we shall see cos I don't know what time my appointment is but its just for my Depo Shot so it won't take long. Maybe I will see if mom wants to go with me then we can go look for her jobs or do it before my appointment.

No comments: