Thursday, October 24, 2013

DWP: God

Daily Writing Ptompt: God

I'm not really a religious person but I do believe in God. I respect if you don't. I'm not a bible thumper. I grew up a Jehovah Witness. My parents were Jehovah Witnsesses. Over time my dad stopped going to the Kingdom Hall and believing. My mom is still a Jehovah Witness and so are so my family on my Dad's side. Growing up we didn't celebrate holidays, none at all. They celebrate their wedding anniversary and that's about all. No celebrating Christmas or Birthdays or anything. I missed out on celebrating holidays growing up. But, I always got what I want so it was always like Christmas every day instead of just getting what I want on one day. Yes my sister and I were spoiled but we never did without. When I was in the Army in 2004 I got baptized Mormon, Jesus Christ Of the Latter Day Saints. I visited the church on base with my battle buddies and liked the church and decided to get baptized. Like I said I am not a very religious person but I do believe in God. Miracles have happened in my life that I can't explain and so I say the only explanation is God's work. God had a hand in that and he saved me many times. You can believe or not, that is up to you.

No comments: