Saturday, November 16, 2013

Chapter 9 - My Book

After I moved back in with Mom and Dad I started smoking again. Kendall and I were still dating but that didn't last. I started talking to a girl named Meagan on Myspace and we eventually started dating. Meagan was sweet and romantic. She lived in Suffolk and came up to see me. I dated her for a couple months but the distance didn't work and I wasn't moving down there.

After I got out of the Army I went back to work at Alcoa. Petra was still working there and had been telling everyone lies about me. I worked there a couple months and quit. I couldn't work with her after all she had done to me.

I went back to work at Kangaroo Express. I liked my job there and I had met some cool people there. Marylou was working there but when they switched over to Kangaroo she left. Her daughter Heather started working there. Heather had another full time job  but came to work there part time. She ended up becoming Manager and was then transferred to the Charlottesville store. I ended up following her there. I didn't like the Charlottesville store as much but I liked working with Heather.

So I was working at Kangaroo and living with mom and dad and trying to sort my life back out after the Army and the whole Petra situation. After I got back and went back to work at Alcoa Petra acted like nothing was wrong. As if she hadn't stolen twelve thousand dollars from me and hadn't told lies. I knew otherwise and so did everyone else. They knew she was a liar. So I quit Alcoa and tried to stay away from Petra. I still talked to Al. He brought me some of my stuff that he had snuck out of the house. No clothes though.

A month or two went by and I hadn't talked to Petra and Al. I got a call that Al was in the hospital. So I called him in the hospital but he didn't have much to say. Someone had told him about Petra and I and I guess he believed them and that's why he didn't have much to say to me. The whole Petra and I thing had ended not long after I moved in with them. We were only friends. Not long after that Al was found in the house laying over the bed dead. They say he overdosed on pills but I don't know if I believed it. I believe Petra killed him or gave him too many pills, that's the same thing. Well I ended up talking to Petra. And we went to Al's funeral. It was held in Covington on top of the mountain in the cemetery. Tony and I stood in the back of everybody else and we were dressed in our Army Class A's which are dress uniforms. Since Al was an Army Veteran it was a Military Ceremony. When they played the revelry and did the 12 gun salute me and Tony couldn't hold back the tears. Hence why we were standing in the back because we knew we would cry. Al was like a second father to us and he meant a lot to us. We lost a great man. She ended up selling the house and of course still had Al's truck which was his baby. After that I stopped talking to Petra because I believed or had in my head that she killed Al.

She ended up coming into the Kangaroo one night when I was working and showed me her engagement ring. She was apparently engaged to a guy that worked with us at Alcoa. Al had been gone only two months and she was already engaged. What the fuck. That made me even more suspicious of her and believe she killed Al. The autopsy results were never released but only to Petra and Al's sister. So who knows but I believed what I did for a reason. I was disgusted by her and wanted nothing to do with her.

No comments: