Sunday, November 10, 2013

Day 10

Day 10 of being thankful

I am thankful for having such good friends and best friends. I have been best friends with Karen since elementary school. I remember we used to play dj and write stories and poetry together. We had such fun growing up. And Karen would come with us on our family outings on the weekends and we would buy the latest single out on tape. I was into New Kids On The Block, Spice Girls and Hanson. Karen liked Spice Girls but she wasn't obsessed like I was lol. I had a Donnie Wahlburg poster on my wall and a Spice Girl poster and back then I used to buy all the teen magazines every time mom and i went to the store. I had a ton of posters on my wall. I am thankful that Karen has been around this long. I am sometimes hard to be around but Karen has stuck by me this whole time. She is such a great best friend. And she is like a sister to me. Thank you Karen for always being there even if we lived miles apart you were still there for me emotionally and listened to all my problems and troubles.

I am also thankful for my best friend Bear. He and I have been friends since 2008 and he has stuck by me even though he has given me plenty of advice and I did the opposite and he was always right. Lol. I remember how every holiday Bear would come celebrate with me. And thankfully this year he is coming to celebrate Thanksgiving with me. I am cooking at my house this year. Its going to be nice to have him again for another holiday. He has been there through thick and thin for me. He even went through the craziness of my ex wife with me and boy was that a mess of course that's not over yet since I am not officially divorced. When I first met Bear I was sort of intimidated by him and a little scared of him but eventually learned he wasn't a scary guy of course unless you piss him off. He is a lovable guy, a teddy bear. I am glad I am still friends with him. I always tried to make Bear's Birthday special every year since his family is in New York. Bear is family to me even if he isn't blood.

And I can't forget the friends I have at work that I am thankful for. Since they have to deal with my craziness and the mess that I am lol. Poor April has to deal with me every day even on my days off cos she can't keep me away haha.

I am thankful for all the friends I have who have been and are still there for me and are still around. Sometimes I get crazy but they stay around. I am thankful for my friends. I am also thankful for the friends I have made over the years and my friends on Facebook who have to hear me whine and complain which is a lot.

No comments: