Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving Dinner

I miss the traditional Thanksgiving where we'd go over Grandma Collins house and eat Thanksgiving Dinner around the table with all the family gathered there. And eating all Grandma's delicious foods that she cooked. And after dinner sitting around talking and catching up on things and talking about memories of the past. Mostly I miss the traditional Thanksgiving Dinner where we'd go to Grandma and Grandpa's house and spend time with family. I miss my family and I really miss my Grandma. Thanksgiving isn't the same without her. I think next year I am going to cook Thanksgiving Dinner myself. This year I went with Jen and her family to Golden Corral to eat Thanksgiving Dinner. We waited in line for 40 minutes until finally we got a place and could eat. There was 14 of us so they had to give us two tables. Ladt year Jen and I had Thanksgiving Dinner at our house when we lived up on the mountain and we had her family there and we ate and watched football, the way its supposed to be on Thanksgiving. Football, family and food. Next year I am cooking Thanksgiving Dinner and hopefully Mom and Dad will come over and Jen's family and Grandpa and Bear and Scoop and Eric. If not I will eat and watch football by myself. I am sure Bear and Scoop and Eric will come. Every Thanksgiving before I got with Jen I always them three over for dinner. The tradition got broken I am going to have to make it a tradition again. I had a good Thanksgiving this year. I only worked 5 hours today and then went to eat at Golden Corral with Jen and her family. But, eating Thanksgiving Dinner at a restaurant isn't the same as a traditional Thanksgiving Dinner where you eat at home with family and watch football and everything that comes with that. I am definitely cooking next year.

No comments: